It’s been more than three weeks since we’ve had hot water in our house. We’re going through a home warranty company, 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty, so the plumber has no control in the matter. We’re also due for renewal soon, so we’ll also see about that. Let me tell you how this changes things:
- To wash dishes, I boil water in a large pot and pour it into the sink. That’s not terrible, it takes about an hour more to do dishes because our stove is electric (I kind of miss gas and may make that change one day), but they’re clean.
- We’ve been using too many baby and face wipes for our faces. We’re a little flaky and ready to let some warm shower water dance on our weary faces.
- To shower, we don’t. It’s just too cold. Our well is very deep, almost a thousand feet down, so it’s quite chilly. So, we do our best with what we have to be clean, and I must say we smell dang good.
- I also boil water to wash my hair and the boys, and they’re not complaining about it. It’s always nice to have your hair washed, and it’s only a matter of time before they don’t need me so much, so I cherish the time they can’t be on their phones and we just talk while I shampoo their hair. Sammy and Doo have thick, long hair, so it takes a little longer, but I don’t mind at all.
- In case you are not aware, boiling water actually will cook your skin.
- Carrying so many large pots of boiling water from the stove to the sink bugs the back, so I am whining about that.
- It’s funny to see how dusty a shower can get when it’s not peppered with the occasional water.
- My dishwasher is pretty gross. I had dishes in there and was ready to run a cycle when the water had to be shut off, so it’s bleck.
Thankfully our new pup is potty trained already, or that would suck. I’ve put in several inquiries and am not sure if it’s a distribution issue or they simply take that long. We’re going through a warranty company, so they’re in charge. Hopefully we’ll have hot water soon so we can take it for granted again. Until then, we’re troopers.
Click Here: 543