I try to keep this blog a cheery one. Actually, maybe I don’t, but I do attempt to keep it free of venting, but today, I need to, and it’s a bulleted list:
- Wanda has decided not to eat unless I’m sitting with her. She is going through some serious separation anxiety.
- I’m feeling legit Bah Humbug.
- There’s a wreath-laying at the cemetery this weekend. I haven’t been to one in so long and I’m anxious about it.
- Gronk caught his toenail in the doorjamb last week and the nail fell off today. I’m hoping it won’t need vet care, but I made an appointment just in case. (So much blood)
- Sam’s vacation time (first since he started with the company over a year ago) is going by too fast.
- I spent way too much time, with the boys’ help, fitting the sink into the hole that I kept making bigger and bigger with a saw just to notice there is a leak under the sink in the drain so I need more PVC.
- Sinks and faucets are expensive!
- Bah Humbug.
- The truck, Lucy, the one that Max uses for school, is in the shop.
- It’s so dark out.
- I may have to miss a trip to the mountains that I really want to go to, but it’s for a good reason.
I could keep listing, but I’m noticing a trend; with each item I list, I feel, sense, and notice a counter item. The good that surrounds is hovering like a giant hug. It is saying, “But look at this cool thing happening” or “What about this awesome news you haven’t shared with anyone.”
It’s the weepies and the tireds who are telling me to slowwwwwww dowwwwwwwwwn.
All is OK. All is good. All is great.
Thank you if you are listening.