“Oh no! I don’t have any orange. I need the zest to make the cranberry sauce and I do not want to go to the store again,” I said aloud. The room cleared.
I looked around and found some limes. Hmmm. Cranberry and lime go together quite well, better than orange in my opinion, so I gave it a shot. It’s delicious.
What you will need:
- 24 ounces fresh, whole cranberries
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 limes
- In a large saucepan, pour the cranberries.
- Add the sugar.
- Zest both limes fully over the cranberries.
- Squeeze the juice from both limes into the pan.
- Cook on low, stirring occasionally, until the cranberries are soft and popped.